Sweater Support Group (Saturday January 20th, February 24th, March 16th, March 30th) with Megan Monroe
Sweater Support Group - Saturday January 20th, February 10th, February 24th, March 16th
This is a class series designed to give you technical support and encouragement as you tackle your first or hundredth sweater. Over the course of four classes, students will learn many different techniques to tackle knitting a sweater of their choice. Bring any pattern idea or show up to the first class and pick out a pattern and yarn in the shop. This series is perfect for those jumping into their first sweater but will also cover more advanced skills for those who are looking to dive deeper. Classes may also be taken individually for those who are interested in those specific skills.
1) Beginnings (January 20th) - This class will cover choosing your project, yarn, yardage, size (measuring for size), swatching and casting on. We will also dive into different types of cast ons and why you might choose one over another.
2) Sweater Construction Part 1 ( February 24th) - Our second class will cover different sweater construction types and the skills you need to continue with your sweater project. We will talk about increasing and decreasing, fixing mistakes and general questions. This class will mostly consist of knitting time together where we can troubleshoot issues or concerns.
3) Sweater Construction Part 2 ( March 16th) - In this class we will discuss sweater modification decisions, picking up for sleeves and other general skills for your sweater project. We will spend a majority of the class knitting and discussing our projects.
4) Finishing (March 30th) - “Finishing” your knitting projects encompasses many different techniques. Learn how to choose the right finishing technique for your specific project. This class will cover different bind-off techniques, weaving in ends, seaming, underarm finishing and blocking.
Choose one or all classes!
- Saturdays from 10 am - 12 pm
- January 20th
- February 24th
- March 16th
- March 30th
Materials (not included)
- A sweater pattern of your choosing
- Megan will help you choose the yarn needed for your pattern
- Needles and notions needed for your pattern
Students must be comfortable knitting and purling.
Megan is a Portland, OR based fiber artist who knits samples and test patterns as well as for her own pleasure. She has been knitting for 20+ years. Megan is an ASI certified Wool Classer and self certified fiber nerd. When she’s not knitting, she’s running, baking, or thinking about starting a band.
Classes require a minimum of 3 students. An emailed notification of cancellation will be sent 2 days before the class if the minimum is not met. In the case of shop cancellation, all registered students will be refunded the class fee. Any additional fees including materials and the shipping of materials are non-refundable. Student cancellations, missed classes or no-shows can not be refunded, exchanged or transferred.
**CLASS IS IN PERSON AT OUR STORE ON 1117 SE DIVISION ST, PORTLAND, OR**