What is Rambouillet?
- Please see this blog post to learn more about Rambouillet wool.
- Pre-orders typically take 2-3 weeks to ship. If the item has a longer order timeline, we will make a note in the product description.
- Ritual Dyes is an online retailer of yarn and maker-related products. We have a brick & mortar retail shop in Southeast Portland offering yarn, fabric and other maker supplies. We aim to serve our beloved creative community with classes, events and other community gatherings.
- Yes! We ship internationally.
- Unfortunately, no. Our system only enables the use of one code per order.
- Sign up for our newsletter here.
- We do offer discounts periodically and only through our newsletter. Be the first to hear about our new releases and upcoming events. You can sign up here.
- The Knitter’s Backpack was designed with no interior pockets for a smooth knitting experience. The Moon Pouch was developed to hold any accessories or non-knitting items like a phone, keys or wallet. It fits perfectly at the bottom of the regular-sized Knitter’s Backpack so it can be tucked safely under your project.
- Maiden is a great sock base! It's Nylon and Wool content make it durable and ideal for socks.
- A Moon Pouch is a simple zippered pouch that fits snugly at the bottom of the Knitter’s Backpack. The Moon Belt is also a circular zippered pouch but it is deeper than the Moon Belt and is a bag rather than a pouch. It has a front “pocket” that allows for access to your yarn and project without opening the zipper and provides for a smooth knitting experience. It comes with a cotton webbing belt and can be worn as a hip pouch, cross body or carried as a wristlet.
- Yes! Our SE Portland Studio serves as a neighborhood LYS, office and production dye studio.
- We work with several different companies to source our wool and yarn. Please review the product description of each base for more information.
- Spot cleaning is the most recommended method. Canvas bags can be hand-washed in lukewarm water and then reshaped and air-dried. Avoid using soap or other cleaning agents that might bleach or stain the fabric.
- We have two 100% Rambouillet Wool bases that are non-superwash: Elder is a DK/Light Worsted and Maven is a fingering-weight. Fae (mohair/silk) is non-superwash as well as our new linen/cotton base, Undine.
- We have a vegan version of the Knitter’s Backpack and Undine is our 60/40 Organic Cotton/Linen blend yarn.
- We restock products regularly but some products also sell out quickly. Please sign up for our newsletter here to learn about any restock updates of our products.
- Our retail shop is located 1117 SE Division Street in Portland, Oregon.