Preseli from Garthenor Organic
To create the subtle, complex pair of bases that make up Preseli, they're mill-blended as tops before spinning. By blending this way, Garthenor is able to get a smooth, even top that keeps the deep grey blend, perfect for heathery tones once dyed.
A blend of Polwarth, Romney and Hebridean, Preseli is Garthenor's softest yarn ever. This color palette is a dream for colourwork.
- 4-ply fingering weight
- Blend of Polwarth, Romney and Hebridean (Cinder: 75% Polwarth, 15% Romney, 10% Hebridean and Slate: 75% Polwarth, 25% Hebridean)
- 219 yds / 200 m / 50 g
- Scoured, spun and dyed in West Yorkshire
- Plied and skeined at Gathenor Farm, West Wales
- Soft and smooth
- Great stitch definition - ideal for cables and textured stitch patterns
- Non-superwash - aids in memory retention of your fabric
Would you like this yarn wound into a cake? You can add that here.Care Instructions
Hand wash in cold water. Lay flat to dry.
We always recommend swatching for any project. Each dye lot is unique. Please purchase enough yarn to complete your project. Alternating skeins is the best way to prevent possible pooling, flashing or a sudden shift of color. It's easy! Just work 1-2 row stripes from two balls of yarn (carrying the yarn up the side).
We try hard to capture the essence of each colorway, but please keep in mind that colors may vary from monitor to monitor.