ELDER - Rambouillet Wool - 2ply Light Worsted
This variant is currently sold out.
ELDER is our first American grown and custom-milled 100% non-superwash Rambouillet base. All fiber has been grown utilizing sustainable carbon farming practices on a farm that has been raising sheep in Northern California for 150 years. We have partnered with Imperial Yarn to supply us with this climate beneficial wool. Rambouillet have been raised for their larger size and ability to adapt to various climates. They produce a dense but fine wool with a superior, long staple (over 3"). Learn more about our wool here.
This versatile 2-ply yarn ranges from DK to Light Worsted and works up beautifully in textures and simple knits. Elder maintains a soft-hand and creates a squishy, structured yet light-weight fabric. It has quickly become a favorite at RD!
- DK / Light Worsted
- 100% Rambouillet wool, USA Grown
- 100 gr / 190 yds / 173 m
- Sustainably grown in Northern California
- Spun in collaboration with Imperial Yarn
- Bone (Iron x Tanin), Dune (Cutch) & Quartzite (Cochineal) naturally dyed in Pennsylvania
- All other colors dyed in North Carolina
- Great stitch definition - ideal for cables and textured stitch patterns
- Non-superwash - aids in memory retention of your fabric
- Soft-hand with bounciness
Hand wash in cold water. Lay flat to dry.
We chose to work with Green Matters to naturally dye our yarn because they produce beautiful variegation of color.
Colors have depth and vibrance, dyed with professional acid dyes that won't typically bleed or fade.
We always recommend swatching for any project. Each dye lot is unique. Please purchase enough yarn to complete your project. Alternating skeins is the best way to prevent possible pooling, flashing or a sudden shift of color. It's easy! Just work 1-2 row stripes from two balls of yarn (carrying the yarn up the side).
We try hard to capture the essence of each colorway, but please keep in mind that colors may vary from monitor to monitor.