Sweater Support Group (Oct 25th, Nov 15th, Dec 13th & January 3rd) with Megan Monroe
Sweater Support Group - Wednesday October 25th, November 15th, December 6th, & December 13th
This is a class series designed to give you technical support and encouragement as you tackle your first or hundredth sweater. Over the course of four classes, students will learn many different techniques to tackle knitting a sweater of their choice. Bring any pattern idea or show up to the first class and pick out a pattern and yarn in the shop. This series is perfect for those jumping into their first sweater but will also cover more advanced skills for those who are looking to dive deeper. Classes may also be taken individually for those who are interested in those specific skills.
1) Beginnings (October 25th) - This class will cover choosing your project, yarn, yardage, size (measuring for size), swatching and casting on. We will also dive into different types of cast ons and why you might choose one over another.
2) Sweater Construction Part 1 (November 15th) - Our second class will cover different sweater construction types and the skills you need to continue with your sweater project. We will talk about increasing and decreasing, fixing mistakes and general questions. This class will mostly consist of knitting time together where we can troubleshoot issues or concerns.
3) Sweater Construction Part 2 (December 13th) - In this class we will discuss sweater modification decisions, picking up for sleeves and other general skills for your sweater project. We will spend a majority of the class knitting and discussing our projects.
4) Finishing (January 3rd) - “Finishing” your knitting projects encompasses many different techniques. Learn how to choose the right finishing technique for your specific project. This class will cover different bind-off techniques, weaving in ends, seaming, underarm finishing and blocking.
Choose one or all classes!Class Times
- Wednesdays from 6 - 8 pm
- October 25th
- November 15
- December 6th
- December 13th
Materials (not included)
- A sweater pattern of your choosing
- Megan will help you choose the yarn needed for your pattern
- Needles and notions needed for your pattern
Students must be comfortable knitting and purling.Instructor
Megan is a Portland, OR based fiber artist who knits samples and test patterns as well as for her own pleasure. She has been knitting for 20+ years. Megan is an ASI certified Wool Classer and self certified fiber nerd. When she’s not knitting, she’s running, baking, or thinking about starting a band.