Leather Cord & Needle Stitch Holder Kit from CocoKnits
This product is currently sold out.
When knitting top-down, seamless sweaters, there comes a point when you need to take your sleeve stitches off onto a holder. Safety-pin type stitch holders don’t work for this. Scrap yarn works, but tends to slip up into the stitches, making the job of getting each stitch back onto a needle laborious. You can leave them on a spare circular needle or cord – but it’s challenging to have needles and cord hanging everywhere. I found that a leather cord had the flexibility of yarn, but was firm enough to keep the stitches from disappearing up into themselves. The interior-threaded needle means you can knit onto and off of the cord – like a leather circular needle. The needles screw onto, and off of, the leather cord.
- 2x Interior-threaded needles made of nickel plated steel
- 3x Long Cord holds sts of sweater body – 59" / 150 cm
- 2x Short Cords holds sts of sleeves – 29.5" / 75 cm
- Find a video of care and use instructions HERE
- Just like hands, leather can get dry & needs moisturizing. We suggest treating the cord with a thread conditioner to keep your cords smooth and limber.
- Screw the needle on only until it is attached to the cord. If you continue to over-screw, you risk breaking the leather inside the needle.
- Snipping the end of your leather cord at an angle will facilitate attaching the needle.