Embroidery Kits from Hook, Line & Tinker
This variant is currently sold out.
All of Hook, Line & Tinker’s embroidery illustrations are original and designed by Laurie Dolhan for beginner stitchers. Laurie focuses on creating patterns that are unique and modern in style. The limited colour palette and use of recurring motifs is purposeful - finished hoops hang well as mix-and-match groupings and tell a cohesive story within a theme. Some patterns are easy peasy (Level 1), others are more ambitious (Level 3). But all allow for creativity, experimentation, and calm.
Each illustration is repeatedly rendered through the craft of hand embroidery using a variety of basic, introductory stitches to build texture and a pleasing design. The 100% cotton fabric is cut and prepared by hand, and all finalized patterns are printed onto the fabric in our studio using inks that maintain their integrity during the stitching process.
- I Read Past My Bedtime: Level 2 - Ambitious Beginner Friendly
- Knittin' Kitten: Level 1 - First Time Beginner Friendly
- Sweater Weather: Level - Flexible (First Time Beginner Friendly to Ambitious Beginner)
- Squid Balling Yarn: Level - Ambitious Beginner Friendly
Each kit includes:
- Pre-printed unbleached cotton fabric
- 6 in / 15 cm bamboo embroidery hoop
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Stitch guide
Made in Nova Scotia
Hook, Line & Tinker donates 5% of profits to help women and children experiencing houselessness.